11.12.07

SORG

Sorg is Swedish for sorrow, sadness and grief.
This is not easy writing in English...
But Tore Skogman died yesterday
...or "steped out of time" wich also is a common way
to express it in Swedish that someone has died.

TORE SKOGMAN
is known by each and every Swede (in my age or older)
for his songs. He made over 1500 songs!
He had red hair that later turned white.
His skin was a little red as well.
He had a big gap between his front teeth.
(Like I used to have)
And he was "not afraid of using bright colors" he toled me.
He looked very friendly.
He WAS friendly.

I grew up un a yellow house
called Toreskog.
so when I was a little girl
I found it very amusing that he
was named almoust like our house.
TORESKOG. TORE SKOGMAN.
Also my brother had the similar
and uncommon name Ture.
TURE. TORE.

I met Tore Skogman some time before 1998
when I painted portraits of
known faces in my hometown.
(He moved to my hometown after I had moved away from it)
I spent a little time with this friendly, generous man.
He was very much present when we met.
Later he used the portrait I painted of him
at the cover of his book;
"öppna ditt hjärta" (open your heart)
I haven´t in my 42 years long life
felt sad many times when people have died.
This time I did.
May Tore be happy ever after!!!

5 comments:

mansuetude said...

This is so vey beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your true self this way, your feelings go out into the world and clean it.

Love learning words...

saloia said...

:***

beijinhos

Ursula Achten said...

It's beautiful to have these memories and this amazing connection of words.
Deep in our hearts......!
I brought something on the way to you!

Olga said...

Thanks all three of you!

Uschi, someting on the way to me...?

Alix said...

* * *